The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) has awarded its best rating possible, Top Safety Pick+, to the 2017 Kia Sedona minivan. Already distinguished by its elegant design, exceptional comfort and utility, the 2017 Sedona is offered with available Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB), a system that helps to avoid forward collisions by warning the driver of an impending forward collision and then applying the brakes if no action is taken. The addition of AEB qualified the 2017 Sedona for the elevated 2016 IIHS TSP+ rating.
The IIHS puts each vehicle through a series of collision tests, including front, side and rollover tests, and grades the vehicle either Good, Acceptable, Marginal or Poor. To receive the designation of Top Safety Pick+, the vehicle must receive scores of "Good" in five body structure categories.
The 2017 Sedona offers some key enhancements over the 2016 model year, including:
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) is added to a rich mix of available Advanced Driver Assisted System (ADAS) features: Blind-Spot Detection (BSD) with Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA), Lane Departure Warning (LDWS), and Smart Cruise Control (SCC).
- UVO3 e-Services system (with the added smart-phone connectivity of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and Navigation system with larger 7-inch display screen. Navigation with 8-inch screen is also available.
- Dynamic Bending Light (DBL) technology is combined with an upgraded High-Intensity-Discharge headlight system for even greater nighttime visibility.
- The enhanced Essentials Premium Package now includes Front & Rear Park-Assist, Smart Key, UVO3with rear camera, and leather trim.
- A new available Acoustic Windshield provides a supremely quiet driving experience.
Also new for the 2017 model year is a front passenger’s seat power adjustment switch for the added convenience of easily operating the passenger seat from the driver’s side of the vehicle and new premium stainless steel second-row door steps are standard on SXL models.
By going to the IIHS website, you can see the notes and ratings of each of the individual tests that the IIHS gathered and see why the 2017 Sedona earned the "Top Safety Pick+" designation. By using the navigation tabs on the left of their page, you can toggle between each of the individual crash tests as well as photos and videos. Click here to read the full IIHS report.
Visit SmailKia.com for more information.